Sunday, July 5, 2015

Zucchini Strips

I found this recipe at Damn Delicious 


2 small zucchini ( I try to pick squash that is uniform in size from one end to the other.  You don't want the ones that are fatter at the bottom or the pieces will cook unevenly. ) 
1/4 tsp basil
1/8 tsp garlic powder 
1/4 tsp oregano
1 Tbsp parsley 
1/4 tsp thyme 
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese 
Olive oil spray 

Trim off the ends of the squash and cut lengthwise into 4 strips.  I cut these crosswise into half do you will get 8 short strips from each squash.
Spray a baking sheet with olive oil and arrange squash on it.  I put them close together as that helps hold some of the spice and cheese mixture.  Spray the strips generously with olive oil. 
Sprinkle the spice and cheese mixture over the strips. Use all the mixture. 

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes ( I made these with a meat recipe that requires 375 for 25 minutes. I cooked these the same as the heat and it was fine) 




No comments:

Post a Comment