Saturday, June 2, 2012

Cupa Cupa Cupa Cobbler

This is a recipe I got from my friend. Donna (made a few changes). 


1/2 stick margarine
1 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
3 - 4 cups fresh fruit (I think you could probably use canned fruit filling if fresh fruit is not in season)

Since I used peaches, I added some sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.

Melt the margarine in the bottom of a casserole or baking dish.  Add the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and milk - stir to blend.

Spoon the fruit on top of the batter - do not stir.

Bake at 350 - about 30 minutes - until browned.  The batter rises above the fruit (or the fruit sinks) and makes a crust.


Served warm with vanilla ice cream - yum!  Doesn't get much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment