Sunday, June 23, 2013

Angel Food Cookies

 
 
1 box angel food cake mix ( I had the mix with 2 packets inside, I just mixed them together)
1/2 cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract
 
Preheat oven to 350. 
Mix all together.  It will be thick but fairly runny.  Spoon about 1/2 tablespoon on the baking sheet  for each cookie.  I used the Pampered Chef cookie scoop but did not fill it as that made them larger than I wanted.   The batter will spread out a little bit into a flat layer.
Bake until browned  - about 10 minutes. These taste like the brown crusty part of an angel food cake.  You can cook them just until they are slightly browned if you want a softer cookie.
 
You can use any liquid for the water.  Some recipes use 1/2 cup diet soda (to keep them low calorie).  I plan to try some other variations like using lemon extract instead of the vanilla.  Or adding some confetti sprinkles like a confetti angel food cake.
 
Another recipe suggests icing them with flavored cool whip.  I think that would get soggy so maybe just prior to serving. 
 
I did not grease my cookie sheet but might try parchment paper the next time.  They were a little hard to get off the sheet but gave a characterisitc angel food look to the bottom of the cookie.
 


At any rate, they are very low fat, low calorie - and quick and easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment