Sunday, July 7, 2013

Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts



4 chicken breast halves, about 6 ounces each (I think I could have used 6 as a lot of the cream cheese oozed out the sides when I was trying to secure with the toothpick)
8 ounces soft cream cheese (I used the chive and onion cream cheese)
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

Mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, cumin and pepper flakes. 
Slice into the thick part of each chicken breasts, making a pocket.  Stuff the pocket with the cream cheese mixture.  Secure the opening with a toothpick.
Roll in the bread crumbs and place on a foil lined baking sheet.
Bake at 350 for 35 -40 minutes.   Some of  cream cheese may melt and run out of the pocket - that is okay.  Just serve it up with the chicken. 
I made these with Cilantro Lime Rice and the melted cream cheese and rice really tasted good together.

No comments:

Post a Comment