Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Southwest Shrimp and Rice Bowl

Southwest Shrimp and Rice Bowl


I found this recipe on the Wildtree website.  Of course, I made some modifications (don't I always) The original recipe can be found here.

12 oz frozen shrimp
1 cup instant rice
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup frozen corn
5 tsp Wildtree Chipotle Lime Rub, divided
2 tsp Wildtree Grapeseed Oil (or Wildtree Jalapeno Grapeseed Oil)
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (omit is using jalapeno oil)


Thaw shrimp and remove tails if necessary.   Place in a bowl and sprinkle on 2 tsp of the Wildtree Chipotle Lime Rub.  Mix well and refrigerate for at least an hour.  ( I do this on my lunch break so I am ready to start cooking when my work day ends).
Cook rice according to package directions (1 cup water and 1 cup instant rice), adding 3 tsp of the Wildtree Chipotle Lime Rub to the water.
While rice is cooking, heat the oil in a skillet and saute the shrimp until heated through.  The shrimp will shrink up and tighten a little.  Add the corn and beans and continue cooking for a few minutes. Stir in the rice.

4 servings (The amount in the photo is about 2/3 of a serving since I divided the recipe into 6 servings)

No comments:

Post a Comment