Sunday, May 5, 2013

Zucchini Mini Quiches

Zucchini Mini Quiches (I forgot to take a photo after baked- this is a photo of the mixture in the mini muffin tin waiting to go into the oven)

1 cup zucchini, grated
1 egg, slightly beaten (I used Eggbeaters - 1/4 cup)
1 bunch scallions or green onions, diced
1/4 cup grated cheese (I used Asiago)
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 400.  Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.  The original recipe says this makes 12.  I doubled and got 24 but they were very thin.  I think the single batch would be good for 9.
Grate the zucchini into a large bowl and place it all in a dish towel to squeeze out the water. You may need to do that several times to get it dry.  Once dry, place in a large mixing bowl and add other ingredients.
Spoon into the muffin tins.  Bake 15-18 minutes or until browned and set.

Mine stuck a little to the tins so next time I think I will use muffin liners. 

No comments:

Post a Comment