Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pink Lemonade Salad Dressing

Pink Lemonade Salad Dressing
(This is my adaptation of an Lemon Poppyseed dressing recipe I found online.  I did not have poppyseeds and I used a red onion which gave it a nice pink color - hence the name :-)

1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice ( I used RealLemon)
1 1/2 tbsp diced red onion
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup canola oil

Place all except the oil in a blender.  Place lid on and blend until the onion is completely liquified. 
Using a lower setting on the blender, pout in the oil in a slow stream and continue to blend until the mixture is thick and creamy.

This dressing is very good on the following salad -

Romaine lettuce
Dried Cranberries
Apple, cored, peeled and diced
Pear, cored, peeled and diced
Chopped celery
Chopped walnuts
Grated fresh Parmesan cheese


No comments:

Post a Comment