Friday, April 21, 2017

Bacon Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken Breasts - Freezer Meal

Bacon Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken Breasts



2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders (if breasts are big, cut into 2 or 3 pieces)
1 lb bacon slices
3/4 cup applesauce
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp Wildtree Gourmet Sea Salt:BBQ
1/2 cup Wildtree Cactus Pete's Agave Barbecue Sauce

Wrap the bacon around the chicken breasts (I was able to wrap 2 slices of bacon around each breast piece)
Place in freezer bag and cover with the remaining ingredients.

To cook - thaw freezer bag enough completely (mine was still partially frozen but I was able to separate the portions).  Cook on low 4-6 hours.

Preheat broiler to high heat. Place breasts on broiler pan.  Broil 2-5 minutes or until crisp.
Serve with sauce from the slow cooker.  (I thickened with some corn starch).

12/6/2020
I made this recipe using boneless, skinless thighs and was very good. I used 8 thighs.  I did not freeze but cooked them and put them in a pan in the frig until the next day. 
I changed the sauce a little - 
3/4 cup honey bbq sauce
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Wildtree Rancher Steak Rub ( could just use black pepper )
I made a second batch of the sauce and spooned some on the thighs after they were warm, then placed under the broiler for a few minutes.  





No comments:

Post a Comment